Thursday, June 15, 2006

Herbed Oven Fries

Here I proudly present to the world my herbed oven fries
( Original recipe compliments of "The Trans Fat SOLUTION" by Kim Severson and Cindy Burke, I did have to make a few adjustments)

My mom has challenged me to make about 2 different recipes every week, and this was one of my choices for this week.


Herbed Oven Fries
Preheat Oven to 450 degrees
You need:
2 potatoes (preferably large, yellow is best)
Thyme (that's what I used but you can use other herbs such as Rosemary, Sage, or Parsley)
Salt
Black Pepper
Slice your potatoes into eighths, then set them on a baking sheet (size of sheet shouldn't make too much difference as long as it's not, like, ginormously huge). Spray your potatoes with oil (to keep them from sticking to the sheet) Lightly sprinkle your salt, pepper and herb on yourpotatoes be very careful not to use too much or they may not taste right.
Bake your potatoes for about 17 minutes, then take 'em out and flip 'em over, then bake for about 17 minutes more.

Here is a picture of me enjoying my beautiful potatoes along with a salad.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dori said...

To the girl whom I will never call Pooh again in public... you are an amazing potato maker. LoVed them so much I ate the leftovers for breakfast!

3:36 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Your potatoes look wonderful! I love your mom's blog. What a great family you have. I am looking forward to more of your posts! Good luck with the blog and have a great summer. I'll be back to visit, Melissa!!

10:43 AM  
Blogger EatPeacePlease said...

These are wonderful looking. Thanks for the reminder that I should eat fries more often!

Also, you have the coolest mom!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Wow, Melissa, those fries look amazing ~ the perfect amount of crunch ~ I should know being an Idaho Potato!

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home