Monday, June 19, 2006

I'll post more here in July

I am a junior camp counselor at a summer camp for the next two week's. The first week I am a buddy to an adult "exceptional" person that would not get to come to camp without one. The second week I will be a part of the ministry team. I am really excited about this one!

My mom may have my brother post his cooking work here tho' while I am gone.

I really like the comments. This may inspire me to actually like learning how to cook.

I used to help my mom make the dough for the breads she sold at the summer markets and even learned how to bake the granola. When I was 12 I went with my mom to speak at the public school to a class about our business. The kids there asked me if I was paid for my work and seemed to think it was a big deal that I was. Last year I wanted to do other things, like mow, summer camp, and stay with my aunt to be with her and my favorite two little cousins (age 3 and 4), now my aunt now works for her. My mom is such a perfectionist it is hard to work for with her in the kitchen. This has kind of turned me off from cooking, that and the fact that there is always so MUCH food around our house. She is forever cooking for someone and we have the leftovers.

I don't usually mind, but sometimes I want to have a boxed white flour frozen pizza ... she calls it white flour "GARBAGE!". I'd love to tell her some suggestions for a GOOD boxed frozen pizza, so she will buy me one. Please post your suggestions for your favorite brand below. Thanks in advance for your help.

3 Comments:

Blogger primaryconsumer said...

Hello, love the blog. I'm going to add it to my blogroll later. I don't really eat frozen premade food, so I can't help you there.

12:25 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

I enjoy this blog, too, Melissa, as well as your mom's fabulous one! Like primary consumer, i don't eat frozen pre-made pizza very often as it is hard to find and expensive!!! I usually make my own mini pizzas on pita bread...

Hope to see more posts from you soon... Have a great summer, Melissa!

12:46 AM  
Blogger EatPeacePlease said...

On this one, your Mom's right. It is garbage. Find a whole wheat veggie cheeseless one if you can. Or, just go with the good stuff that's already in your house (lucky!) and be happy and fortunate that you aren't eating junk.

I think it's wonderful that you worked at the camp.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home