Friday, July 07, 2006

Beautiful Cake!

I am proud to present to the world, my very first cake! Here are some pictures of:
The Cooling, but baked cake;
Me, beginning to frost the cake;

The finished product, Ain't that purty!
I got this recipe from page 114 of the book Vive le Vegan! by Dreena Burton
I did have to double the recipe to fill 2 9" Cake pans
Note:* In the book Dreena does not specify what size of cake pans to use.*

Happy Baking!
**************************************Melissa***************************************

8 Comments:

Blogger t. said...

Super Well Done Melissa!
I really wished I was grow up in a great vegan cooking family as well: I am still the only vegan and my mother is clinically unable to bake or do proper cooking...
No cookbooks around either, so at your age I was just doing cookies that came out as hard as a rock...

Compliments on the cake: it looks pretty perfect!

5:08 PM  
Blogger EatPeacePlease said...

This looks amazing! I love those interesting flavors together.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

This cake was enjoyed by people at a Friday night church event and by me again for breakfast the next morning. I love that it is fancy like a cake, but wholesome like health food.

I wanted to comment that although Melissa doubled the cake recipe for 2 - 9" round cake pans, she did not double the frosting ingredients... that was just the right amount for a layered cake like she made. Also, Dreena calls for ground oatmeal flour, Melissa used oatbran.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Melody said...

Lovely cake!

2:29 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Wow, now THAT is a great cake. Great, great job!!! You should be totally, absolutely, unequivocally proud of yourself!!

11:06 PM  
Blogger primaryconsumer said...

Wow, that looks soooo good. I might just have to make it. :)

9:00 AM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Hope to see more from you soon!! Hope your summer is going well, Melissa.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Apple Cardamom Cake with Lemon-Maple Frosing --- am I right? Beautiful looking cake, and thanks for the doubling the recipe tip.

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home